The Year in Review
We are excited about the new year of 2020. In 2018 and 2019, we helped several clients obtain life-changing results in a variety of cases. Here are some examples:
- We assisted in obtaining a verdict in Whitfield Superior Court of $21,600,000.00, for the loss of a leg when a pedestrian was struck by a truck. This is, by far, the largest verdict in Whitfield County, Georgia.
- Judgment of $2,000,000.00 in Murray County, Georgia for injuries suffered when our client, who was driving his motorcycle, was struck by an on-coming pick-up truck that crossed the centerline.
- We assisted in obtaining a settlement of approximately $1,800,000.00 in a class action on behalf of Mortgage Loan originators who were not paid overtime by their bank employer. The case was in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and included employees from Georgia, Florida and Tennessee.
- A settlement of $1,500,000.00 on behalf of a Whitfield County resident who required back surgery after she was struck from behind by a delivery truck. The case was filed in Gwinnett County Superior Court and settled at mediation.
- A settlement of a confidential amount in a business fraud case on behalf of one of the minority owners in a partnership. The case was tried in Gordon County Superior Court and settled during the trial.
Not only did we participate in cases resulting in large verdicts or settlements, but we also
handled many smaller cases ranging from $5000.00 to $100,000.00 in value. We enjoy handling cases of all sizes. The dollar amount may not always be big, but the case is still important to the client. Being located in a small town, we feel obliged to handle a variety of cases that other lawyers will not take on.
We primarily handle personal injury cases and business disputes. However, if you have any kind of legal problem or need, call us first. If we cannot handle it, we will try and help you find someone who will.