The Year in Review.
As we end 2018, we want to thank everyone who gave us an opportunity to assist in handling a variety of cases this year. We thank our clients and other attorneys as well who referred cases to us. We appreciate your help.
We had a good year in 2018. We helped clients in getting judgments and/or settlements in excess of $6,500,000.00 this year. Some of the cases are as follows:
1. A judgment of $2,000,000.00 on behalf of our client who was severely injured when a truck crossed the centerline and struck him while he was on his motorcycle;
2. We assisted the Barnes Law Group in recovering over $1,700,000.00 for a class of mortgage loan originators who had been denied overtime pay by their employer;
3. We assisted Law and Moran in recovering $1,500,000.00 for one of our clients when her vehicle was struck from behind by a UPS truck;
4. We assisted the Kinnamon Law Firm in getting a settlement of a confidential amount for a minority shareholder in a carpet company; and
5. We obtained a judgment of approximately $225,000.00, which included bad faith penalties and attorneys’ fees against State Farm for refusing to pay our clients when their house was destroyed in a fire.
We also had other cases with successful conclusions, many of which we had worked on for several years, including one case which we had worked on for since 2012. We were able to get a fair settlement and we also convinced the Georgia Supreme Court to change the law as to serving ante litem notices on counties, reversing the trial court and Court of Appeals. Now, injured parties can serve such notices on the county attorney as well as on county commissioners, thus giving more access to injured persons.
We continue to focus on cases involving personal injury, business litigation, mediation, social security and on-the-job injuries. Please contact us if we can help you with your case.